We invite you to participate in No. 3, 2020 of the scientific peer-reviewed journal Sociolinguistics (the expected date of publication: October-November 2020). The theme of the issue is “Languages of China in the Sociolinguistic Aspect”. The special issue editors: Maria Ya. Kaplunova, Candidate of Sciences, Researcher (Institute of Linguistics of the RAS), Zhao Ronghui, PhD, Professor (Shanghai International Studies University).
The proposed list of topics for scientific discussion includes the following topics:
• Features of language situations in China and Chinese speaking regions of the world in diachronic and synchronous aspects
• the Chinese language in contact with other languages
• the Chinese language in the digital age
• Chinese Studies and new methods of sociolinguistic research
• Studies of linguistic landscapes and linguistic ideologies in modern Chinese Studies
The call for papers addresses not only linguists, but also specialists from related fields of science: sociologists, educators, psychologists, historians, cultural anthropologists, etc.
The articles should be submitted according to the journal rules (see http://sociolinguistics.ru/blog/). The deadline for submissions: September 1, 2020. Email for submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The volume of the article can be no more than 40 thousand characters with spaces, in Russian or English. The texts may be accompanied by illustrations in JPG format. The use of other people’s materials must be agreed with the authors and copyright holders.
In case of a large number of submissions for No. 3, the editorial board may consider other options for publishing peer-reviewed manuscripts.