We invite you to participate in No. 4, 2020 of the scientific peer-reviewed journal Sociolinguistics Studies (the expected date of publication: December 2020).
The theme of the issue is “Romance languages in the sociolinguistic aspect”. The special issue editors: Irina I. Chelysheva, Doctor of Philology, Head of the Department of Indo-European Languages, Institute of Linguistics of RAS, Tatyana I. Retinskaya, Doctor of Philology, Head of the Department of Romance Languages, Orel State University.
The Romance languages speaking area is distinguished by an exceptional variety of linguistic situations and a high level of linguistic variation, both structurally and functionally. Romance sociolinguistics draws on an established research tradition. Nevertheless, recent years have been characterized by dramatic changes in geopolitics, economics, science and in many other areas, which could not but affect the language situation in the Romance-speaking areas of the world, intercultural and interlingual contacts are intensifying, new research material is being accumulated, theoretical and methodological foundations of analysis have reached a new level, etc.
In this regard, the proposed list of topics for scientific discussion includes both “traditional” and new topics. In addition to the above, we welcome manuscripts devoted to the study of the following issues:
- theoretical comprehension of sociolinguistic problems as applied to Romance material;
- typology of linguistic situations in the Romance languages speaking area;
- problems of bilingualism/multilingualism and language contacts;
- linguistic and ethnic identification as aspects of sociolinguistic research;
- language policy and language legislation in the countries of the Romance speech;
- problems of linguistic rationing and standardization of Romance languages;
- Romance languages in a bilingual and multilingual environment;
- Romance languages in isolated societies (diasporas, immigrants and emigrants, confessionally isolated groups, etc.) and micro societies;
- sociolinguistic problems as applied to diachronic research.
The call for papers addresses not only linguists, but also specialists from related fields of science: sociologists, educators, psychologists, historians, cultural anthropologists, etc.
The articles should be submitted according to the journal rules (see http://sociolinguistics.ru/en/rules-for-articles-submission/). The deadline for submissions: October 1, 2020. Email for submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The volume of an article can be no more than 40 thousand characters with spaces, in Russian or English. The texts may be accompanied by illustrations in JPG format. The use of other people’s materials must be agreed with the authors and copyright holders.
For more detailed information on the rules for the authors, please see www.sociolinguistics.ru . For any questions regarding publication in issue 4, you can contact us at: socioling @mail.ru
In case of a large number of submissions for No. 4, the editorial board may consider other options for publishing peer-reviewed manuscripts.