with the participation of the Association of the Russian Sociolinguists
The peer-reviewed scientific journal ‘Sociolinguistics’ publishes significant scientific research papers on the theory and practice of Sociolinguistics. We welcome submissions from all related areas of science. The journal strives to be a platform for the study of language situations, language policies, language conflicts, language contacts, problems of bilingualism, and methods of sociolinguistic research. Particular attention is paid to the languages of the peoples of Russia.
We seek to publish papers that will substantially advance scientific understanding across various fields of study. The articles presented in the journal will be useful both to the specialists in the field of theoretical and applied social linguistics, as well as to a wide audience, including non-degree students and graduate students.
The journal publishes original articles containing research results in areas corresponding to the approved codes of scientific specialties:
02.10.02 Languages of the peoples of the Russian Federation, 02.10.03 Slavic languages, 02.10.04 Germanic languages, 02.10.05 Romance languages, 02.10.19 Language theory, 02.10.20 Comparative historical, typological, and comparative linguistics, 10.02.21 Applied and mathematical linguistics, 10.02.22 Languages of the peoples of the countries of Europe, Asia, Africa.
The mission of the scientific journal ‘Sociolinguistics’ is to provide the worldwide scientific community with a platform for the innovative research in all fields of social linguistics. ‘Sociolinguistics’ focuses on interdisciplinary techniques and state-of-the-art research in related fields.
- aims to organize discussions on pressing problems of theory and practice of Sociolinguistics;
- aspires to facilitate interaction between Russian and foreign scholars;
- is oriented towards raising awareness about the most relevant, promising and interesting areas of Sociolinguistics and exchange of views of leading experts in the field of Sociolinguistics;
- welcomes publication of research materials of young scholars.
The editors of “Sociolinguistics’ are guided by the principles of independence and integrity of editors and reviewers, and are constantly working to ensure the quality of the published articles, therefore all manuscripts submitted for consideration are subject to double-blind peer review.
The manuscripts go through primary selection and are studied according to eligibility criteria:
- general content requirements and reference style
- fitting within the scope of journal;
- to be qualified for publication, the manuscript`s percentage of novelty should be at least 75%.
The editors consider and make an objective decision on all manuscripts submitted for publication, leaving the right to reject the material without conducting independent peer review if it is deemed to be of low quality or inappropriate for readers of the journal. This decision is made honestly and impartially, taking into account the editorial policy of the journal.
- Theoretical problems of sociolinguistics
- Methods of Sociolinguistics. Experimental and field studies
- Languages of the peoples of Russia
- Languages of the world
- Sociolinguistic glossary
- Young scholar’s endeavours
- Criticism and reviews
- Scientific life
- Language situation
- Language policy
- Language legislation
- Language planning and forecasting
- Bilingualism and multilingualism
- Linguistic persona
- Language picture of the world
Frequency and Subscription
Published since 2020.
Frequency of publication – 4 times a year, distribution by electronic subscription.
Our electronic subscribers are universities, research institutes, libraries, students, graduate students, doctoral students, scholars and other specialists in the field of linguistics.
The journal is included in the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI). All articles published in the journal obtain a DOI (digital object identifier).
It is planned to include the journal in the List of journals of the Higher Attestation Commission (a list of Russian peer-reviewed scientific journals where the main scientific results of dissertations for the degree of Doctor and Candidate of Sciences should be published), Web of Science / Scopus.